Sunday, May 18, 2008
Well, it's been a busy weekend but not as productive as I would have liked. I did complete the lesson for Quilt University, Marjie McWilliams Tea Dyeing class. Not sure I will do much with this but love Marjie's classes so much I decided to give it a try. The 1st pic is of all the mugs with tea awaiting the cotton to be dyed. Then the completed samples. It was interesting to see the difference in the samples soaked in vinegar vs alum. The hardest part was waiting for them to air dry between the dyeing, and soaking in the "finishing solution. It does make a difference in color, pick vs blue.
Then I rinsed some of the fabrics from the shibori class.
Finally I ironed out the wax from the 1st Batik class. I have part of lesson 2 done, not dyed, and am behind doing lesson 3. I will get caught up though.
Excitedly Posted by Janet McNamara Houck at 10:08 PM